Amaretto pineapple cupcakes
1 60 0 5
- 125 gr ongezouten boter, kamertemperatuur
- 280 gr basterdsuiker
- 3 st eieren, kamertemperatuur
- 1 el puur vanille-extract
- 1/2 el puur amandelextract
- 175 gr bloem
- 30 gr gemalen amandelen
- 120 ml melk
- 50 ml amaretto
- 400 ml double cream
- 1 kleine ananas (topping)
- 100 gr basterdsuiker (topping)
- 100 ml amaretto (topping)
- 100 ml double cream (topping)
- 1 el sinaasappelsap (topping)
- zaadjes van 1 vanillestokje
- By Eric Lanlard from Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and line a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated and scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Mix in the extracts.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, ground almonds and baking powder. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add a third of the flour mixture, followed by half the milk. Mix until combined then repeat with another third of flour and the remaining milk. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the paper cases, filling each three-quarters full. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer the tins to wire racks and immediately poke holes all over tops of cupcakes with a skewer or toothpick. Pour a teaspoon of amaretto over the top of each cupcake then allow to cool completely before removing from the tins.
- For the flambéed pineapple, peel and core the pineapple and cut into chunks. Heat the sugar in a large pan over a medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar melts and turns golden brown. Add the pineapple and toss to coat.
- Carefully pour the amaretto into the pan and immediately tilt to ignite the alcohol. (If using an electric stove, use a long match to ignite the alcohol.) When the flames subside and the caramel melts, if there is an excessive amount of liquid strain a little away, then carefully stir in the cream, orange juice and vanilla seeds. Reduce the heat to medium and boil, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until thickened. Allow to cool completely before spooning the liquid from the pineapple mixture over the cupcakes.
- Finally, whip the cream to soft peaks and spread the over the top of each cooled cupcake. Finish by spooning a generous spoon of flambéed pineapple over the top to decorate.
- © Eric Lanlard
Gepost door Digitalis